Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Dorm Party (Japanese Style)

It started out strangely. A guy I only know by name, Soushi, invited everyone to the C Building. Without knowing what is going on, we all showed up. In Japan, you don't question a person's friendliness. I helped out by watching him cook (and later carried the food). I was a good helper, let me tell you.

Momentarily, I found out this party was for Soushi's 24th Birthday. (Soushi is the guy who transformed from a chef to a blonde.) In Japan, a guy can always pull off a feminine act. Lots of things are not questioned, including a guy having his eyebrows shaped, the entire male population holding a pretty clear umbrella, etc.

Because the party invitation was so random and unexpected, I did not know what to expect from a party in the dorms at Japan. At first, I thought it was like the suite party back at home. In the end, the party consisted of people standing around, making friends, and eating at the meeting room.

It was as friendly as a party thrown by a school club. There were drinks, food, and snack. In fact, the only alcohol beverage brought to the room was by an American! Then again, I believe Soushi bought wine. Yep, no tv, not spills, no drunks, etc.

Here I am, not drinking alcohol. In fact, it's getting cold, so I bought a bottle of warm milk tea. Here are Evan, me, Desi, and Suvi (Chicago, NY, Indonesia, Finland). My favorite saying is still, "Hi! Stephanie, USA!"



P.S. Question of the Day: What happens when East meets West?



Beer Pong is introduced.
(with clear cups)