Monday, July 16, 2007

Last Interview?

Today, I had a final interview with the Bank of America's Banking Center Manager and Assistant Manager. After my final meeting with HSBC, I have grown to prefer the position at Bank of America. The branch is new; it is less than an year old. Although the branch is small, it is comfortable.

Generally, banking centers have very spacious cubicles. This one, on the other hand, has very small rooms. Hey, a room is a room. Then again, even with the door closed, I'll have no privacy with the glass door and window.

The branch's structure is as follow: In management, listing from the top, there is the Manager, the Assistant Manager (what I would ultimately become in approx. 1.5 years), and the Supervisor who trains/manages tellers. In the sales area, there are the bankers and the tellers, totaling about 10 other people. Once again, I'll start out as a personal banker. Then, I'd move on to become the second in command for the branch in 1-2 yrs.

I had the hardest interview today. I had to speak Mandarin! Mandarin-skill is extremely important at this branch that consists of 90% Mandarin-speaking customers. Let's say, I got by. The manager took out a credit card pamphlet and asked me to guide him to fill it out and to explain its benefits. In the end, I think they were convinced that my minimal mandarin can get by.

Anyway, I'd hear from them within the next week.