Sunday, August 19, 2007

Honey's Birthday

"Nobody likes you when you're 23." - What's My Age Again by Blink 182

Rob's 23rd Birthday was on Wednesday. We celebrated his 23rd birthday as if it was his 3rd. Majority of his presents were toys! On top of that, we went to the aquarium! -- but it was fun and the environment was pleasant. Originally, I planned to go snorkeling, shark dive, or the Linkin Park's concert. Unfortunately, my employer has been holding back 3 months' worth of my paychecks, and I'm $200 shy of being officially broke.

The both of us love to eat. For the past year, we have learned to make everything that we loved to eat in restaurants. One by one, we eliminated the choices of restaurants that we would go to. So far, we have eliminated Apple Bee's spinach dip, Ruby Tuesday's mini burgers, buffalo wings, fried calamari, Thai fried rice, Peter Luger's steak, Korean kalbi ribs, and many more! Soon, we will cook TGI Friday's fried macaroni, Red Lobster's stuffed mushrooms, and Houlihan's potato soup!

For Rob's Birthday Eve, we had - Seafood Fra Diavolo, Mussels, Shrimp Cocktail, and Creme Brulee! I'm so proud, esp. on the Creme Brulee~ They turned out to be perfect; it was my first time cooking these dishes, too! Oh, and Rob made me my favorite, new drink - Bahama Mama Rum!