Friday, June 08, 2007

When will I ever get a job?

I'm going back and forth between job opportunities. HSBC didn't call me. "Yet," I say! *sigh* I could have sworn that I was promised a second interview. I called the recruiter/Financial Advisor yesterday; in the end, I only left a phone message because no one was there to pick up. Let's just hope I'm neglected because they are busy, and my resume wasn't tossed out.

In case I don't get this position, I have taken the necessary steps to secure other positions. So, I finally contacted the recruiter for Bank of America's Assistant Manager Associate. I was suppose to set up a phone interview a few weeks ago, but I was forgotten. I spoke to the recruiter on the phone, and she was extremely informative. I found out about the salary, bonuses, work schedule, advancement opportunities, etc.

If I get the job, I will start out as a personal banker. I will be getting licenses (I think, or take classes) to sell CDs, credit cards, etc. If successful, the next step will be Assistant Manager within an average of 12-24 months. Strangely, both positions pay the same. The only difference is the bonuses. I spoke to the recruiter about my career path. It will definitely still be able to become a Financial Advisor. I will get the necessary experience, and the inernal "connection." The good thing about this position is that I don't need the years of experience to become a personal banker as required by other banks.

It is such a long process. At this rate, I'll never get a job. 1. I applied; 2. got a call for a phone interview; 3. completed questionnaires and I'm still being considered; 4. now, I have to take assessment tests online... then, 5. I'll have to wait to get a call back to see if I did well on the assessment; 6. I'll be referred to a hiring manager..... THEN, I'll get a formal interview. *sigh*