Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Rob, Rob, Rob!

I was talking to my best friend Hayley from Australia. I've known her my whole life. Last night, she reminded me how much I've changed.

In my freshman year, I vowed that I will not have a boyfriend in the 4 years of my college career. I debated. I argued. I was determined. At last, I fell in love.

Rob and I have spent so much time together. To be exact, we spent everyday together in the summer. Everyday, minus his trip to Taiwan and my trip to Cali. Rob calls it the "honeymoon" stage.

Our purely mutual friend, Tom, questioned if there has ever been moments where we'd run out of things to talk about. The answer is no. In fact, we spend at least 2 days a week at a coffee shop for at least 40 minutes. Not to mention, we spend everyday seeing each other, chatting online, and talking on the phone, too.

One day, Rob suggested that passion ends in 5 months. I defended, "Passion ends when a grown man can't get it up anymore." It's one of the couple one liners that we couldn't believe had come out of my mouth. Perhaps my leave is a luxury. By next Summer, we get to renew the cycle.

I hope this honeymoon era will never end.