Wednesday, October 12, 2005

I am such a foreigner!

I just want to start the entry by saying, "I WAS DYING IN THAT PICTURE!" OMG, never, ever, ever make Stephanie kneel or sit, Indian-style, to eat. We may look happy in the picture because we just got there and was delighted at this whole Japanese-style seating. A minute later, we were all in pain.

You'd think I wouldn't stand out when everyone has dark hair and "yellow" skin like me. Guess again. I went to a tourist area, Akihabara (electronic town) in Tokyo. Somehow, the Chinese guy who was giving out flyers spotted me TWICE! He just picked me out from the crowd and asked if I was Chinese in Mandarin. I passed by him for the 2nd time that day, and he found me, AGAIN! This time, I was looking down (unintentionally). They know!! It's because I smell Chinese, lemme tell ya! Lol.

Oh my, my manner is horrible. Once, the banker was returning my passport with 2 hands; because my other hand was looking for my cell phone, I received it with one hand. His eye contact that split second afterwards (literally) gave it away! They are too nice to give you the stare-down, but argh! It was too late when I realized what I had done.

At last, I would like to conclude that I blew my nose 10x in my Japanese class. After my 6th time, I remember that it is rude to blow your nose in public (no matter how discretely you do it).

P.S. Angela would have been damned if she was here.