Friday, April 07, 2006

久しぶり

I have been gone for 6 weeks, if not more. The more I was worried about my Japanese, the more people came up to me. I was approached by 2 foreigners who asked for directions in Japanese.

Right away, I remember the distinctive smell that I have only found in Japan, the businessmen in suits, the vending machines, etc. Everything has changed. The grasses are greener, the flowers are blooming, and most importantly, SAKURAS! There are even buildings that I have never noticed before on the path to school. I was excited once again to walk into a convenience store.

I had 2 inches of mail, and there were signes posted all over my door. Apparently, while I was gone, they installed the internet connection and a new conditioner! Hopefully, the new A/C will be more energy efficient. I wouldn't want to pay over $100 a month for electricity.

The brighten my day even more, they cleaned up the pidgeon poop outside my balcony! I cleaned it up once, and I almost puked. Ever since, I have simply avoided to walk outside. No one else seems to have that problem but me. For that reason, only my floor in the 2 buildings have a green net hung up to prevent further problems.

One thing I am upset is that I thought I was to be excused for a whole month of electricity bill. Apparently, I forgot to turn off the water heater!! GRR!! I have learned that keeping the water warm is probably much more expensive than keeping my computer on throughout the entire month. *sigh* Live and learn, Stephanie, live and learn~

At last, seeing everyone makes me happy, especially when I received an email from Cori asking if I needed anything such as groceries. Thanks Cori for paying my bill and thank you, Desy, for signing things for me~