Friday, April 14, 2006

花火


By the end of Rob's stay, we also had 花火. We bought a bunch, but we withheld ourselves from getting the ones that shoot up into the sky. After all, we don't want to cause too much trouble. Apparently, the only regulation is that it is done before 10 pm, and that the garbage must be cleaned up. That's quite hard since there's never a garbage can in sight.

Since the week was rainy and it is a hassle to go to the beach at night, we did it at the playground across from my dormitory. It was lots of fun.

We also climbed on this pyramid at the park. I have always wanted to climb up on it, because there was the same thing at the park where I used to live at in Hong Kong. Since then, at 8 years old, I have never seen it again. I couldn't climb all the way to the top. It makes me wonder how I used to do it when I was half my size.

Speaking of which, Japanese kids does the craziest things. Now, are we, as Americans, being too protective? Or, are Japanese kids just simply smarter? They seem to be capable of doing things that would never be allowed in the states.

Anyway, here are some more pictures: