Sunday, April 01, 2007

Naturalization Interview

I went to my interview last Thursday. I passed. I chose a middle name - Meredith. Why? I don't know. I think I just grew to like it after a minor character in a movie was named Meredith. When I asked the officer if I can petition to change my middle name (I had Selena on my application), she immediately asked me what I wanted it to be. Obviously, I didn't have enough time to think about it. So, I settled with Meredith.

Anyway, I passed. I'm glad I came back to NY when I was in Japan. They would have given me a lot of problems if I wasn't in the country for more than 6 months at a time. There were 10 questions, and they were:

1. Who was the first president?
2. How many stars are there in the US flag?
3. Who signs bills into laws?

I forgot the other ones, but I aced it - 10/10. I must admit, I studied for 20 minutes the night before. xP

Now, I am qualified for even more jobs. Whew~