Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Job Search (Continued)

My dream job is crushed. Originally, I REALLY wanted this position at HSBC to be an Accelerated Management Trainee. After 1 year, the person would manage a branch in Home Financing Corp. Unfortunately, I just found out that I have to be willing to relocate any where from Maryland to Maine. *sigh* There goes my dream.

I'm getting a phone interview with the Bank of America this week. The position is Assistant Manager Associate. I would start off as a personal banker and work my way (approx. 1-2 yrs) to become an Assistant Manager at a branch. I was really happy, until I read forums that Bank of America's salary is extremely low. It is almost half of what I was offered at Dai-Ichi Life.

Third, I received a staffing firm email for an accounting position at a large telecommunication firm. She asked me what my target salary is. Because I wasn't that interested to begin with, so I said $50k. (Just in case the high salary may change my mind about this undisclosed firm.) She said she would get back to me, because the employer wants someone to start in a week, and I won't be available until the end of June. Now, I am questioning if I should have aimed lower.

At last, another staffing firm has a 3-month temp position for Merrill Lynch. Ultimately, that's what I'm aiming for. It pays $24/hr or $29/hr bill rate. According to them, 8 out of 10 temps will acquire full time position at the investment banking department at Merrill Lynch. Then again, they told me to get back to them when it is closer to my official available date.

Anyhow, I have learned to negotiate with these staffing firms. I'm just worried that my carelessness in these negotiating process will take away everything. Heh~ On a positive note, my current supervisor likes me so much that she is allowing me to work "for as long as I like" at home. So, I will be working on my own schedule, and watching TV while I "work". Additionally, she's giving me a raise! =)

In the meantime, Rob and I are going on a cruise to the Bahamas for 7 days! We will be going on June 1oth. Pictures to come~