Friday, August 17, 2007

Citigroup & Bank of America

I had the phone interview today with Citigroup. They have 5 openings, and they seem to be interested in me - more so, desperate.

The job pays around $60k US. I say, "around," because that's what I was told. However, this Business Analyst position, I would be expected to have 60-hour week. I can leave when I finish my tasks, but I can't if I don't. So, whereas, one day I may leave at 3 pm, the other I may have to stay until 8 or 9 pm.

Most Business Analyst within that department will be promoted after 2 years, or work at another department. The job description is interesting; I would be able to apply what I have learned from my Business Management degree.

Meanwhile, I am scheduled to start on Aug 27 at Bank of America. They don't open on weekends and there will probably be no overtime work needed. The lifestyle will be rather stable. My offer and benefits package is coming in the mail. Anyway, it looks like I will stay with Bank of America because the pay is similar when I include the bonuses.