Tuesday, August 21, 2007

My Creme Brulee Secret

Here is an updated entry with the picture. As you can see, Rob just turned 5.















Google! I google everything. I found all of my yummy recipes online. I would even google a restaurant's recipe, and they usually have a copy-cat recipe of it. Please look at the link below for creme brulee.

http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/recs/262/Easy_Creme_Brulee6793.shtml

Generally, I found this to be the easiest. Usually, they'll tell you to use the stove, and all kinds of stuff. For this, the oven does everything you need with the recipe. In addition, get the torch. It's fun. Rob and I have been burning all kinds of things, esp. marshmallow!

On a side note, I came across another recipe where it stated that the ingredient "Heavy Cream" is not called Heavy Cream in places outside of the United States. I think it's called Whipping Cream or something. Anyway, I got my Heavy Cream at the section where they store milk.

Oh, and, I had to bake it much longer than the directions given.

Good Luck, Hayley! It was easy and yummy. And, Honey... It was very very hard to make! And, only I was talented enough to make the yummy Creme Brulee for you. lol.