Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Back to the Kissing

Living in Japan is as hard as having a relationship in a traditional Asian family. I remember one of the first guideline I had put forth was: No kissing in front of friends. After all, I should respect them as they have respected me. I wouldn't like to be in an uncomfortable situation either.

I thought walking on the streets with Rob in an Asian community in New York is hard, but walking in the streets of Japan is harder. During my first few months, I didn't even see any couples on the streets. Gradually, I started to spot them, but at most, they would hold hands. The "radicals" seem to just stand a little closer at a corner on the train.

In 17 days, everything will change. Going back is like a hell broken loose. So, pucker up, Rob! *slurp* j/k

(Okay, sorry, maybe that was a little disturbing.)