Thursday, February 02, 2006

I've Failed Myelf

Today, I had a final in my Chinese class. I studied. I studied a lot of Japanese words. After all, one part of the test is to be able to write explanations in Japanese. I studied the different ways to write the same words. It's more annoying than you can imagined. Very often, I get questions on my kanji quizzes wrong, because I write the Chinese way, and not the Japanese way. Taking the Chinese test is worse. I have to memorize the Japanese writing, my usual traditional writing, and the new simplied writing. They can vary by just a dot. So, I did a lot of studying on Japanese vocabularies. The easiest words you can think of; yet, I have not learned them in my 6.5 year of Japanese studying. They can be as easy as "goat".

In the end? In the end, I took the test. It wasn't perfect, but I did fairly well. The only mistakes, in the end, weren't the Japanese explanations, understanding the Japanese words on the test (including a short paragraph, directions, vocabularies, etc.), but I failed to remember how to write it in Chinese (simplied OR traditional).