Monday, January 16, 2006

お台場 (Odaiba)

We travelled to Odaiba by Yurikamome Line. It is by far the most beautiful train ride I have ridden on. We visited the typical tourist attractions there. Although it is simply a suspension bridge, they take a lot of pride for their "Rainbow Bridge." I strongly recommend everyone to pay a visit in the summer when you want to get away from the city. It has plenty to do. There is a beach, entertainments, shopping, cruises, etc.

We started our journey at Fuji TV. We visited a "museum," where I did not recognize most of their stars and shows. However, I took a picture of what-I-would-like-to-call a head-butt cockroach thingy.

Next up, "New York." I sent this picture to my parents. I wonder if they would freak out, wondering where I was.

At Sony's Mediage, we found the Aibo dog. It was love at first sight. Later that night, we were even more entertained by a shopping center's cleaning robot where a 6 or 7 year old boy vowed to fight it. I CHOOSE YOU, PIKACHU!

We walked through the boardwalk, aka "Decks." Inside, there was Little Hong Kong where we found our favorite arcade game: 3 puck-play table hockey, and familiar street signs. On the same building, there was another place with a theme of Japan in Showa-3os. It had old-school things where we don't relate to.