Monday, January 16, 2006

Rob's Arrival

Blessed with the random wireless internet connection, I'm typing in my blog again. More updated and longer entries! Woohoo!

Anyway...

Rob arrived at around the sunset of X'mas Eve. I was quite nervous waiting at the arrival gate at Narita Airport. My eyes were bouncing left and right at the 2 exits as if I were watching an intense tennis match. After an hour, Rob arrived, looking more energetic than anyone would have expected after a 14 hr flight.

The first few days were a blur. We were on the same time schedule, but we were definitely not in Tokyo time, New York time, or London time. Up until a point, I don't know if it was dinner I was eating. I was affected by my imaginary jetlag more than Rob was.

On Christmas Eve, we exchanged presents. I got 2 presents (One for my Birthday). Ironically, I guessed both presents playfully, despite the amount of times he denied it. I got 2 blue boxes, one with a white ribbon, and the other with red. Later, I introduced Rob to Saizeriya where he fell in love with the Doria dish.

Despite our unwillingness to get out of the comfortable bed, we dragged ourselves out for a more proper dinner at Chiba. We had a feast at a random Japanese restaurant. I managed to embarrass myself with my poor language skill in front of Rob.