Monday, January 16, 2006

School, School, School!

Although school has started more than a week ago, my vacation has finally ended. My Japanese skill has deteriorated to the lowest. I'm at an unknown time zone now. I woke up at 5 am. It's 7:30, and I am still awake.

From now on, I shall suffer from the discontinuity of fine dining. This is exactly what happens when I'm spoiled. Symptoms began on the day of Rob's departure. My coughs are getting worse at night. I am suffering in my room with instant ramen. (Okay, not really. I actually like and miss instant ramen.)

Yesterday, I dyed my hair out of boredom. The sun's up. It's 7:27 am, and I intend to continue my procrastination by typing this entry...

Thankfully, I have things to look forward to. My trip to New York, Taiwan, and maybe, Hong Kong. Rob's return in May. Mom's visit in August. I can't wait to do everything, Summer-style.

Ironically, New Yorkers often bitch about the hikes in subway rides, movie tickets, etc. We don't know how good we have it! In fact, I miss New York for those factors. I refuse to pay $18 to watch a movie here. In addition, I would like to go back to the $2 subway ride to anywhere 24 hours a day, WITH BUS TRANSFERS (despite the graffiti and garbage)! Tokyo needs to realize that youngsters stay out after midnight, and $7 to Tokyo is way too expensive!

Sidenote: For the commercial, "For everything else, there is MasterCard," they should put it a fine print that it does not apply worldwide (especially Japan). In addition, Visa won't take you everywhere, as they advertise at the Narita Airport.